A wide seated, no nonsense campervan with large double bed. The Komba has emerged as the ideal vehicle for people who lead many lives, recently winning the Which Motorcaravan Best Multipurpose Motorhome Award.
The Komba’s popularity stems from the flexible range of interior layout options. Whether it’s on the school run, transporting sports kit (with sailboards and bikes strapped to the exterior), poodling down the Mediterranean, or acting as your base camp, the Komba’s inspired design adapts perfectly to everyone’s needs.
The option of the long wheelbase will use the Komba to maximum effect, making the vehicle feel bigger inside rather than out. The secret lies in ingenious layout and intuitive design. Everything is perfectly to hand, stowing away in a trice, while generous storage compartments easily accommodate luggage and wet weather gear.
- Side elevating Easylift roof
- Ingenious kitchen design
- 65-Litre compressor fridge
- 2-burner gas hob
- Seperate sink
- Gas locker suitable for Butane or Propane bottles
- 30-Litre onboard water tank with internal filler
- Separate waste water tank
- Side mini lockers
- Rear overhead locker
- Thermal lined blackout curtains (inc. cab)
- Thermal & acoustic insulation
- Swivel driver and front passenger seats (optional on SE range)
- Single sliding table - multi-positional
- Power management system with digital functions
- 240V mains system, with 12v charger
- 120 Amp/hour max leisure battery
- 12V socket - varied use
- Ample selection of lighting
- Fire extinguisher
Designed to supply the gas hob, the Komba gas locker will carry two Camping Gaz 907 cylinders, one Calor Propane 3.9kg cylinder or one Calor Butane 4.5 kg cylinder, all at 30Mbar. Gas cylinders are stored in an air tight steel lined storage compartment, which is vented through the floor of the vehicle. There is easy access to the gas locker on the Komba from the tailgate located at the rear of the vehicle.
The Komba is fitted with a 30 litre onboard fresh water tank and 35 litre waste tank, with an easily accessible drainage tap.
All Bilbo conversions are fitted with a 12V system and 240V hook-up. The 12V system uses power from a 120amp/hr max leisure battery (additional battery to the vehicle battery) and controls all 12V conversion equipment. This system runs the compressor fridge, lighting and water system and is charged when driving or when hooked up to mains.
A Power Management System is fitted with a digital display showing; battery voltage levels, water levels, internal and external temperature, appliance current consumption and alarm clock.
The Komba conversion is fitted with a 240V socket and 12V socket as standard.
Motorhome base vehicle standard features include:
- Short wheelbase (long wheelbase optional)
- Sliding window on side door & opposite, fixed rear side windows
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- TCS (Traction Control System)
- EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distibution)
- EDL (Electronic Differential Lock)
- ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme)
- Height & rake adjustable safety steering column
- Power steering
- Driver & passenger air-bags with passenger de-activation
- RCD 310 radio/single CD player with MP3 player AUX-in socket & 4 speakers
- Remote key with Dead-lock central locking & spare
- Colour coded bumpers and mirror housings
- Electric cab windows
- Electrically adjustable / heated & folding mirrors
- Swivelling cab driver & passenger seats with reach, rake & lumbar adjustment, with adjustable arm rests
- Rear tailgate door with heated rear window & wash/wipe
- Halogen main headlights with range control & daytime running
- Hill hold control
- Lowered suspension
- Steel spare wheel
- Cab comfort pack including: Tasamo upholstery, cab carpet, additional storage compartments, A-pillar handles, vanity mirrors, sunglasses holder, interior light delay, instrument dimmer, 2 reading lights, 2-tone horn
There is a choice of four diesel engine options all 4 cylinder common rail turbo diesels that are Euro 5 compliant for emissions
The 2.0TDi 84-ps is only available on the SE range.
|2.0 TDI||84PS||manual / 5||4|
|2.0 TDI||102PS||manual / 5||4|
|2.0 TDI||114PS||manual /5 BlueMotion||4|
|2.0 TDI||140PS||manual / 6 auto / 7||4|
|2.0 BiTDI||180PS||manual / 6 auto / 7||4|
note: 84-ps = SE range only
Blue Motion available on selected base vehicles
4 Motion on 2.0BiTDi 180PS
|With mirrors folded||2100mm|
|With elevating roof down||2000mm†|
|With High top||2460mm‡|
|Double||1855 x 1400mm|
note: (†) Height measurements are based on vehicles with lowered suspension and partially loaded and may differ ±20mm
note: (‡) Height of the high top roof will increase to 2560mm with roof vent fitted
Once you’ve chosen your ideal Bilbo’s motorhome, it’s time to get down to the detail. Decide on the colour, select your chosen extras and start planning your next adventure. When you order a motorcaravan from Bilbo’s, we want to deliver a vehicle that feels uniquely yours. That’s why we offer a range of standard items and optional extras that allows us to produce a vehicle perfectly suited to your needs and personal style.
Popular Volkswagen Factory Options
- Metallic and pearl effect paintwork
- DSG Automatic transmission
- “Four motion” four wheel drive option
- Air conditioning
- Long wheel base available on Komba, Nexa and Celex *
- Alloy wheels
- Privacy glass
- Cruise control
- Reversing sensors
- Tow bar
note: (*) standard on Lezan
Bilbo’s popular options include
- Diesel heating
- Awning rail
- Roof beds
- Starter pack
- Bike racks
- Lockable roof bar system for elevating roof
- Side awning rail
Our range of conversions is built upon specialised, high specification derivative of the Volkswagen T5, only available to Volkswagen Approved Converters. Any Base vehicle issues are covered by Volkswagen’s range of new vehicle warranties and Conversion issues are covered by Bilbo’s warranty.
Volkswagen 3-year roadside assistance
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, your vehicle is covered by a comprehensive roadside assistance package. Anyone driving the vehicle with your permission is also covered. The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Three year UK & Europe roadside assistance provided by Volkswagen Emergency Assistance is subject to terms and conditions. Further details are available on request from your nearest Volkswagen Van Centre.
Volkswagen 3-year whole vehicle warranty
Consisting of a 2-year unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty and 1-year Van Centre warranty. In the third year the warranty continues until a maximum of 100,000 miles. Third year warranty is only available on vehicles purchased and registered in the UK through a Volkswagen ‘Specialist Converter’, and approved Volkswagen motorhome dealer or a Volkswagen Van Centre. Warranty excludes non-durable parts such as brakes and clutch linings.
Bilbo’s modification & products
Consisting of a non-transferable 2-year / 24,000 miles (whichever comes first) covering all aspects of workmanship and components. Should defects be deemed to result from misuse, this warranty will be void. Subject to one years warranty.
Volkswagen 3-year paintwork warranty
There are no special conditions attached and defects to paintwork caused during manufacture will be rectified without charge. Naturally, during the warranty period, the vehicle should be cared for in compliance with the operating instructions.
Volkswagen 12-year body protection*
Special rust proofing treatment of internal body sections and panels, applied at the time of manufacture, guards against rusting through from the inside. Should this occur during the warranty period, rectification will be made free of charge, and is not subject to compulsory inspection as with other ‘anti-corrosion’ guarantees.
Note (*) These warranties only apply to the paint finish and body panels manufactured and supplied by Volkswagen.
Bilbo’s Finance Options
Owning your New Bilbo’s camper may be closer than you think. Bilbo’s have teamed up with Blackhorse finance to help you obtain the motorhome of your dreams. We are able to offer competitive rates of finance on New and pre-owned vehicles due to there strong residual values. Finance can be from 2 – 10 years as long as the vehicle is no older than 17 years at the end of the term. Please ask for details. Terms and conditions apply.
Talk to one of our representatives
Tel: +44 (0) 1342 892499
Fax: +44 (0) 1342 893793